> Return Of Chef
ThatGuyRyan
post Sep 11 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #16

Forum Staff
Group Icon

Group: Mod:Super Moderator
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Officer Barbrady @ Sep 11 2006, 03:19 PM)
You Mean This?
http://awesom-o.com/index.php?showtopic=346

He left cause Isaacs a scientologist and SP took the piss out of that.

Jew, christian, muslim and morman bashing is ok, but wen they make fun of his religion, he leaves. dry.gif

No not that one. Apparently it was Isaac Hayes' scientology representatives who wrote Matt and Trey a letter saying he quit. At least that's one rumour. Gah, I don't remember which topic it was.

--------------------
Officer Barbrady Club In conjuntion with ThatGuyRyan - Member of the club devoted to those guys on that forum
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marjorine
post Sep 11 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #17

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

QUOTE (ThatGuyRyan @ Sep 11 2006, 09:02 PM)
Apparently it was Isaac Hayes' scientology representatives who wrote Matt and Trey a letter saying he quit. At least that's one rumour. Gah, I don't remember which topic it was.

Here it is, young man:

http://awesom-o.com/index.php?showtopic=9

+Quote Post
ThatGuyRyan
post Sep 12 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #18

Forum Staff
Group Icon

QUOTE (Marjorine @ Sep 11 2006, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (ThatGuyRyan @ Sep 11 2006, 09:02 PM)
Apparently it was Isaac Hayes' scientology representatives who wrote Matt and Trey a letter saying he quit. At least that's one rumour. Gah, I don't remember which topic it was.

Here it is, young man:

http://awesom-o.com/index.php?showtopic=9

Thanks guy biggrin.gif

Anyone who's interested give that a read starting about half way through.

--------------------
Officer Barbrady Club In conjuntion with ThatGuyRyan - Member of the club devoted to those guys on that forum

+Quote Post
Guest:Olly_*
post Sep 15 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #19

Guests

Chef WILL NOT die. im certain after the whole darth chef thing happens he's gonna turn good again like the real chef and get plastic surgery in toms rhinoplasty. then they can get in a new voice actor or say sorry to Isacc. I acctualy cried at this episode when chef died...

+Quote Post
ProfessorChaos
post Sep 15 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #20

Forum Staff
Group Icon

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (Olly @ Sep 15 2006, 01:29 PM)
Chef WILL NOT die. im certain after the whole darth chef thing happens he's gonna turn good again like the real chef and get plastic surgery in toms rhinoplasty. then they can get in a new voice actor or say sorry to Isacc. I acctualy cried at this episode when chef died...

I don't think Matt and Trey will higher a new voice. They'll find another way to stick it to Isaac because thats just how their minds work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lt. Dan
post Sep 16 2006, 02:49 AM
Post #21

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 218

I was kinda hopeing they would do a few episodes useing old Chef sound clips. I was laughing my ass off when they did it so blatently in The Return Of Chef.

IMHO, Issac can dish it out, but he can't take it. rolleyes.gif

To bad!

--------------------
Oh my God!! They ki-.....Oh....Nevermind......

+Quote Post
Guest:Guest_*
post Sep 16 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #22

Guests

Chef's appearances became more and more limited as the show has progressed. On March 14, 2006, Isaac Hayes (Voice Of Chef ) reportedly quit South Park in saying that he didn't like how the show was treating various religions, claiming that there was a difference between satire and intolerance.[1]

Although the offensive episode was not directly brought up, it was Trapped in the Closet (Season 9 Episode 12), where Scientology was dubbed as a "global scam", that was thought to have caused Hayes to quit, because he himself is a Scientologist. It was later revealed, however, that because of Hayes' health, he had not been able to act for some time, and had no intention of quitting; the letter supposedly written by Hayes was revealed to be a hoax.

+Quote Post
ThatGuyRyan
post Sep 16 2006, 06:52 AM
Post #23

Forum Staff
Group Icon

QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 16 2006, 12:05 AM)
Chef's appearances became more and more limited as the show has progressed. On March 14, 2006, Isaac Hayes (Voice Of Chef ) reportedly quit South Park in saying that he didn't like how the show was treating various religions, claiming that there was a difference between satire and intolerance.[1]

Although the offensive episode was not directly brought up, it was Trapped in the Closet (Season 9 Episode 12), where Scientology was dubbed as a "global scam", that was thought to have caused Hayes to quit, because he himself is a Scientologist. It was later revealed, however, that because of Hayes' health, he had not been able to act for some time, and had no intention of quitting; the letter supposedly written by Hayes was revealed to be a hoax.

Well that is a rumour, to my knowledge it hasn't actually been confirmed. But it does make more sense that Hayes' Scientology representatives would write that letter. I can't picture Isaac Hayes leaving after all this time just because of this incident. But none of us really know what the real story is behind it, just what we reads on teh interwebz cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SouthPark
post Sep 16 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #24

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 226

I have seen every episode of South Park, and cant remember seeing chef leeving in any episode before "the return of Chef"... so I think all you get to see off him leaving is the " previously on southpark" in the same episode...

+Quote Post
Guest:twochek_*
post Oct 3 2006, 04:49 AM
Post #25

Guests

I don't think the purpose of this episode was to 'stick it to iaasac hayes'.
The major tone of the episode was pretty sad and I think (like cartoon wars) the episode closely mirrored the real life situation.
In the end though, although with Chef's death, where Matt and Tre showed their anger, they did shift their blame onto Scientology in hopes that maybe Hayes would come around, stop being involved with that whackjob cult and come back to the show.

+Quote Post
Finicella
post Oct 3 2006, 10:37 AM
Post #26

Clyde Frog

Member No.: 290

Twochek is right. I heard the same about "The Return of Chef".
They blame Scientology for "taking" their voice of Chef.

But I don't think he'll come back. Scientology won't let him go. I heard very bad things about them and what they do if someone wants to leave them... :/

--------------------
user posted image
Sadness all around me. Dark skies, every feeling dies... ~ Goth kids rule! :D

+Quote Post
Deadshock
post Oct 10 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #27

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 466

Look,

Hayes says he leaves cause they made fun of his religion? Does that make him a hero? He stands up for HIS religion. What he is saying is that it is alright to make fun any religion, as long as it is not his. It is moronic. That is why I dont agree with his decision to leave. If he felt that badaly for their making fun of religion and other things, he shouldve left along time ago.

--------------------
'I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited last, my time's elapsed
Now, All I do is live with so much fate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:
You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away
But I can't promise you'll enjoy the words
I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like on big past
You'll live with me 'cause you left me no choice'

+Quote Post
Pep
post Oct 18 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #28

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 361

My fucking god, chef, chef is dead blink.gif I cant fucking believe it....

--------------------
+Captured By The Sin Of The Beast+

+Quote Post
Mr.Hanky
post Oct 19 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #29

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 563

Heidi Ho! biggrin.gif

Loved this episode. Don't really respect Isaac's decision to leave, but there ye go.

This episode was hillarious, was kinda sad to see Chef go though.

We'll see what happens in the future, with the whole Darth Chef thing.

--------------------
Mr.Hanky the Christmas Poo, he loves me, I love you.

+Quote Post
big_papa_grant
post Oct 31 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #30

ALLSP MySpace Manager
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team:Development Team
Member No.: 635

omg also another great episode

chef turns n to a little child molester like mj lol and man it takes him a booty dance for him to snap back then they like reform him n to a child molester than he overcomes it in the end
also another well made episode

--------------------
Oh yea we will read and do essay for you

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 06:00 PM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.