neptune343434
post Oct 16 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #16

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5681

QUOTE (SoAdCrAzY @ Oct 16 2008, 02:15 PM) *
I didn't think it was a very good episode at all.

I preferred it when it was satirical and made good arguments about religion and morality.

The jokes being used now just aren't funny.

didnt like it either
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jables
post Oct 16 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #17

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 6011

I thought it was okay, up until Wendy says, "I'm finished." The last minute and a half sucked about as hard as anything has so far this season.

+Quote Post
City Wok Guy
post Oct 16 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #18

Forum Staff
Group Icon

Group: Mod:Super Moderator
Member No.: 428

BAH! This episode was pretty good in my opinion.

--------------------
StingerWok - Co-Owner

+Quote Post
danSPfan
post Oct 16 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #19

Jackovasaur

Member No.: 5017

remember when cartman ate his underwear? hahah that was so funny. then he puked it up while talking to stan

"you guys are just saying that to make me feel better.....wait you guys wouldnt try to make me feel better if u didnt think i was cool" lol the way his was crying and his beat up face was classic.

and LOL when cartman ran on mr. garrisons desk and just took a big ol' dump

if you didnt think it was funny, start watching the daily show, SNL, or some crap like that with "mature humor". we dont need you as an audience anyway happy.gif

--------------------
"Last week, at our....skewl, a girl queefed right into our friend's face. That is why we are here to tell you that It's NOT a joke."

"Do me a favor, next time I'm in a recess biocave, don't send me a level 2 homing call..."
-Eric Cartman

+Quote Post
szy1983
post Oct 16 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #20

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5693

Episoe was ok except of ending which was like in NORMAL movie with happy end. It should finish in "stanley's cup" style. Cartman beats wendy and thats all. Cartman should win this cause its a damn Cartman and he is created to win:P

+Quote Post
City Wok Guy
post Oct 16 2008, 10:14 PM
Post #21

Forum Staff
Group Icon

Group: Mod:Super Moderator
Member No.: 428

Yeah it would have been so much funnier if Cartman had won.

--------------------
StingerWok - Co-Owner

+Quote Post
SoAdCrAzY
post Oct 17 2008, 01:57 AM
Post #22

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5050

QUOTE (danSPfan @ Oct 16 2008, 05:06 PM) *
what would someone with 1 or 8 posts know anyway. they are probably Fagily Guy fans that came on the board to talk shit

I'm a massive South Park fan. Am I only a fan if I post on this lots of times?

This is a message board. If it was full of people giving it praise, it would be boring.

I'm stating my opinion and, personally, I didn't like it.

The funniest bit was when Cartman shat on Ms. Garrison's desk. Other than that, it didn't really interest me as much as episodes such as 'With Apologies to Jesse Jackson' or 'Red Hot Catholic Love'.

I just found it slightly more immature and not as intelligent. Sue me.

+Quote Post
Uberpoonage
post Oct 17 2008, 02:24 AM
Post #23

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 2763

Even though the dump on the desk part was laugh out loud funny, i didn't like the episode overall. The China problem was way better. Cartman was just too pathetic and not nearly as crazy as we're all used to.

Would have been way funnier if he just knocked her out in one shot and hopped around yelling "ha ha ha ha ha ha" while everyone stood in shock.

--------------------
Last time on Battlestar Galactica....

+Quote Post
X_Stinger
post Oct 17 2008, 03:10 AM
Post #24

Lemmiwinks

Member No.: 460

QUOTE (City Wok Guy @ Oct 16 2008, 03:41 PM) *
BAH! This episode was pretty good in my opinion.

yea agreed, it wasnt bad, 1st one was better but w.e

--------------------
StingerWok - Co-Owner

+Quote Post
LBG
post Oct 17 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #25

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 3955

QUOTE (danSPfan @ Oct 16 2008, 04:06 PM) *
what would someone with 1 or 8 posts know anyway. they are probably Fagily Guy fans that came on the board to talk shit

+Quote Post
neptune343434
post Oct 17 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #26

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5681

i take it back i did like that episode i just watched it again

+Quote Post
xeon
post Oct 17 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #27

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 2995

Not a favorite of mine, but there were a few LOL moments. It might be my least favorite of the shows in this extended season.

+Quote Post
PLCOT
post Oct 17 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #28

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 4249

Episodes that revolve around the kids and their little worlds have always been my favorite ones. Honestly, I've always thought that South Park has had really weak-ass social commentary, and most (but not all) of those episodes, as well as episodes lambasting popular culture, fall flat for me. Episodes like The List, Quest for Ratings, Good Times With Weapons, Something You Can Do With Your Finger-all of those and similar episodes I get a major kick out of. Accordingly, I enjoyed this episode immensely. Far and away my favorite of season 12.

--------------------

I'm feeling kinda bowling ball-ish, fellas.

+Quote Post
Kenedy
post Oct 19 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #29

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5511

I loved it. Almost all of the jokes were funny, and "Eric, did you just take a crap on my desk?" is perhaps my favorite scene in the show's history. It was nice to see Wendy as a main character again, too.

+Quote Post
SomeRandom
post Oct 20 2008, 02:58 AM
Post #30

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5288

I thought it was an excellent episode in terms of being really tightly constructed around the school and the world of the kids -- it all takes place in something like, what, two days? tongue.gif Nice linear presentation. They need more grounded stories like this to counter balance their more absurdist/surreal episodes (which are good too, great in fact, but always threaten to be too much).

I do think they are losing their balance with the Cartman character a bit like people say. Cartman has always been pathetic and contemptible in ample measures, but this was always balanced by a degree of nihilist-Machiavellian charm -- not to mention resourcefulness and cunning, we could admire. It seems like lately they are down on the character. A lot of recent episodes have either featured him acting somewhat out of character -- or else getting lambasted rhetorically or otherwise (beaten to a pulp!) ... the episode's final moments where all the kids loudly tell Cartman some version of "we've never liked you" ... seems to echo what Trey and Matt have perhaps finally got around to deciding about their most dynamic character ... in fact maybe that's their big moral point in the whole series: nobody is supposed to like Cartman.

While that's interesting, it kinda kicks the legs out of part of the show.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 01:40 PM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.