> Has Soth Park Jumped The Shark, has it
neptune343434
post Oct 8 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5681

http://www.jumptheshark.com/topic/South-Pa...l-Comments/1835 . jump the shark means its now a bad show compared to older episodes and that the show is gone completly gone downhill. thats what happened to the simpsons

This post has been edited by neptune343434: Oct 8 2008, 04:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kenny in da hood...
post Oct 9 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Manbearpig

Member No.: 5517

This post has been edited by Kenny in da hood!: Dec 19 2010, 01:37 PM

+Quote Post
gina-ribena
post Oct 9 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Manbearpig

Member No.: 5384

This post has been edited by gina-ribena: Dec 19 2010, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
Stufreddy
post Oct 9 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #4

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5836

They sort of nuked the fridge a bit. They're focusing too much on the personalities of the characters making it less natural then the old seasons.

+Quote Post
X_Stinger
post Oct 17 2008, 03:13 AM
Post #5

Lemmiwinks

Member No.: 460

no they didnt jump no shark or nuke no fridge, south park is good as ever

--------------------
StingerWok - Co-Owner

+Quote Post
PLCOT
post Oct 17 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #6

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 4249

If you want every season to be exactly like season 1, just buy season 1 on DVD and loop it until your eyes bleed.

I've been listening to people piss and moan about South Park not being as good as it used to be since season 4 (and sometimes earlier). I'm not entirely sure what people expect from it; should it not evolve whatsoever? Should they recycle jokes? What?

I guess that's how it is with everything, though. If a band's third album deviates stylistically from their previous two albums, people have a shit-fit, as if artists aren't allowed to evolve or branch out.

--------------------

I'm feeling kinda bowling ball-ish, fellas.

+Quote Post
Stufreddy
post Oct 18 2008, 04:23 AM
Post #7

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5836

Well you have to understand that different people have different perspectives. It's been said before that people have a right to their own opinion so I won't expand on that anymore...I doubt anybody wants the season to go back to season one. Most people just want to be entertained and actually laugh more then once or twice per episode again.

Many people know that these episodes aren't the episodes they will revisit multiple times in the future. You may disagree but again that is perception. In my opinion the quality of writing is really lacking lately and Matt and Trey are embracing way too much character development. So in my opinion South Park is full fledged nuking the fridge.

I'm actually seeing quality episodes though. They just aren't being dished out every week like they used to. I enjoyed Major Boobage, Canada on Strike, Over Logging, and Breast Cancer Show Ever but the show just doesn't emit the same atmosphere as it once did.

+Quote Post
Gamatov
post Oct 18 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #8

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 6043

My first post in this forum, with some of my personal reflections smile.gif

To me it's clearly not as good now the fantastic seasons we have been spoiled with earlier (I personally hold season 4-6 as the best ones but 7-9 are also very very good). Then, somewhere in Season 10 I started feeling something just wasn't right. A million little fibres was boring (and the least popular episode according to ratings), Stanley's cup too and from second half of Season 11... I just felt... no. This isn't my South Park. Why? Here are some things:

- Many episodes are based on just one joke (Guitar Queer-o, The China problem) being repeated and it's not working. We also saw that for example in Jared has Aides so it's not new, but there the plot was also good.
- Trey and Matt seem to have lost a lot of their self-esteem in creating good stories and rely too much on spectacular animations. Imaginationland for example was visaully very impressive but the conclusion felt strained and led nowhere.
- The tempo is much slower in the 2 last seasons, many scenes are long and don't add anything to the plot, just compare with the tempo in Scott Tenorman must die or Awesom-O - not a single unnecessary scene, every second moves the plot forward!
- It feels like the show has started taking itself much more serial. Many sentimental scenes.

As I write this Breast cancer show ever is the newest episode and I liked it a little better that the earlier ones this season, so let's hope it gets better from there, even if I'm not that hopeful.

+Quote Post
neptune343434
post Oct 22 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #9

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

QUOTE (PLCOT @ Oct 17 2008, 11:10 PM) *
I've been listening to people piss and moan about South Park not being as good as it used to be since season 4 (and sometimes earlier). I'm not entirely sure what people expect from it; should it not evolve whatsoever? Should they recycle jokes? What?

I guess that's how it is with everything, though. If a band's third album deviates stylistically from their previous two albums, people have a shit-fit, as if artists aren't allowed to evolve or branch out.
thats how i feel

+Quote Post
scarecrow
post Oct 23 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #10

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 6209

All I can say is, I'm glad people like neptune are not writers of this show. Not just because of there fractured english but there idea of what is funny.

I've looked through the topics on the episodes of season 12 thus far, and am shocked to see the suggestions people have made. That in "Eek, a Penis!" it would have been funnier if "Cartman were a Nazi." So re-hashing old jokes is funnier than keeping it fresh and topical? Isn't that what Family Guy does? How about this doozy from the "Over-Logging" thread, "this episode completely lacked what makes this show great: CARTMAN!" Again, stupid stupid stupid. Not everyone watches this show because of Cartman. Great character, but I would rather see characters with depth drive a story.

South Park has not jumped the shark. It's still possibly the best show on television.

+Quote Post
neptune343434
post Oct 23 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #11

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

just so you all know i don't think south park has jumped the shark. i just wanted to see what everyone else thought

+Quote Post
ManBearPig
post Oct 28 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #12

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 6361

Nope

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 01:36 PM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.