> 1204 - Canada On Strike
SP 4 Life
post Apr 4 2008, 12:52 PM
Post #31

Clyde Frog

Group: Members
Member No.: 4313

QUOTE (Mr.Hayes @ Apr 3 2008, 11:18 PM) *
It was my favourtie episode yet this season...I had to go onto youtube to get a lot of the interne jokes.
My question is...where was Kenny this episode?

Accually it's not that hard to figure out.

They legalized cats again..

Kenny found drug flowers..

And he is not in most of the episode..

WHY??

Just kidding but seriusly I hate when they cut him out of the episodes sad.gif.
But one of the best scenes in the episode was when there was a rerun of T&P so they said: It's ok we'll just watch american television. and turned on family guy. I just love cartmans expression when he runs to the television screaming "NO! We are not resorting to that!!"

I think in general it was a good episode but not as good as 1201 and 1203.

Btw: SOOOO CLOSE!! When they used Denmark to be the european canadians I was like "NOO!!" Because Sweden is right next to Denmark.

--------------------
"Jesus! We thought you died! ... In Iraq"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"You need to know how important ratings are, Craig. So I'm going to suspend you from school and request that you have your testicles removed surgically."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
<l---- Click! ^^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sir crossfire
post Apr 4 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #32

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5129

this was one of the worst episodes yet. okay, the youtube part was funny, and also the your not my friend buddy part, but the rest... i don't know. perhaps i just dont get it. i never figured out what is supposed to be funny of the way, they draw canadiens, but perhaps you have to be an american (or canadian) to appreciate that. and what about the whole strike story? what was that all about? despite the fact, that the characters in there weren't really funny, what does it refer to?

remark that i use funny as a scale of how i liked the episode. when i watch sp i firstly want to be able to smile or laugh and dont necessarily need a real deep plot, political or social implications in the topics. although if there is a strong message behind an episode, that can elevate a episode in the way that i think the episode is good, despite not being really funny (example: britney episode).
but perhaps someone can explain me the whole strike angle...

and yeah, kenny is missing.

+Quote Post
l337fr33k
post Apr 4 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #33

Manbearpig

Member No.: 2604

QUOTE (SP 4 Life @ Apr 4 2008, 04:52 AM) *
Btw: SOOOO CLOSE!! When they used Denmark to be the european canadians I was like "NOO!!" Because Sweden is right next to Denmark.

lol, I was hoping they'd use Norway. Norway is even more forgotten and ignored than Denmark. laugh.gif

Whytf is everyone so pissed about Kenny not being in it? Look, some episodes they can use him, some they can't. I think you need to accept that Kenny isn't a main character anymore. But even if he was, the episodes circulate around the characters most important to the plot.

And why should he be? He hardly ever talks, and most people can't understand him anyway. Using him would be a waste of airtime. To be honest, as amusing as I found "Major Boobage", I find Kenny to be a generally boring character.

Now, if they had an episode/season of Kenny without the hood...

--------------------

I'm a member of the "South-Park-Clubs-Are-Lame" Club.

+Quote Post
Sh*tty Wok
post Apr 4 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #34

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5200

QUOTE (sir crossfire @ Apr 4 2008, 06:06 AM) *
perhaps someone can explain me the whole strike angle...

Hint: WGA does not stand for World Canadian Bureau. smile.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Writers_..._America_strike

Now it should all make sense.

--------------------
Say herro to my rittle friend.

+Quote Post
The Nigger Guy
post Apr 4 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #35

Jackovasaur

Member No.: 4980

QUOTE (SP 4 Life @ Apr 4 2008, 07:52 AM) *
But one of the best scenes in the episode was when there was a rerun of T&P so they said: It's ok we'll just watch american television. and turned on family guy. I just love cartmans expression when he runs to the television screaming "NO! We are not resorting to that!!"

Yeah, that part made me chuckle. tongue.gif "You think thaaat's baaaad!!"

--------------------
Oh I'm sorry! I thought this was America!
Wzthis a communist country? Thot dz wz 'merica!
Zwizmerica! Zmerica!

+Quote Post
SP 4 Life
post Apr 4 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #36

Clyde Frog

Member No.: 4313

QUOTE (l337fr33k @ Apr 4 2008, 03:31 PM) *
I think you need to accept that Kenny isn't a main character anymore.

NOOO I WON'T DO IT!! I WON'T ACCEPT IT!!

QUOTE (l337fr33k @ Apr 4 2008, 03:31 PM) *
Now, if they had an episode/season of Kenny without the hood...

That'd be awesome happy.gif

--------------------
"Jesus! We thought you died! ... In Iraq"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"You need to know how important ratings are, Craig. So I'm going to suspend you from school and request that you have your testicles removed surgically."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
<l---- Click! ^^

+Quote Post
RaNdY
post Apr 4 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #37

Gooback
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team:Development Team
Member No.: 117

Only reason Kenny isn't in more recent episodes is that his character isn't suited to the episode. The past couple of seasons have been more about current events rather than adventures so there's not much good in having a character that can't be understood also his deaths were becoming tiresome so only happens now and again. Anyway there's no point bitching about Kenny not being in the show when he's just had an entire episode centred around him... dry.gif

Great episode and some genuinely funny stuff...

--------------------
"What seem's to be the officer, problem?"

user posted image

Courtesy of PsychoStereo.....

+Quote Post
swaggles
post Apr 4 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #38

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5217

pretty boring episode for me...i think they are getting too much into the preachy side of things, it's now taking over the humour of the show

+Quote Post
RandyMarsh
post Apr 4 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #39

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 38

This was literally one of my top 5 favorite episodes of all time. Non-stop laughs. I can't believe you guys hate it.

--------------------
"Do we still press charges?"
"Who are we gonna convict, Jonny Walker"

+Quote Post
Mr. Kitty
post Apr 5 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #40

Forum Staff
Group Icon

Group: Admin:Administrator
Member No.: 2403

QUOTE (Thomas @ Mar 31 2008, 09:32 AM) *
I know what Mr. kitty will say...

But anywayz, I can't wait to see it, maybe Ike will get a role.

I've been in Jamaica all week so no comment

also this episode seems pretty hilarious, ill watch it when i get home from my vacation

--------------------

If I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile!

+Quote Post
l337fr33k
post Apr 5 2008, 07:28 AM
Post #41

Manbearpig

Member No.: 2604

QUOTE (The Nigger Guy @ Apr 4 2008, 10:06 AM) *
QUOTE (SP 4 Life @ Apr 4 2008, 07:52 AM) *

Yeah, that part made me chuckle. tongue.gif "You think thaaat's baaaad!!"

Best part ever!! biggrin.gif
Except for all the other awesome parts...gah, I loved this episode.

--------------------

I'm a member of the "South-Park-Clubs-Are-Lame" Club.

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Apr 6 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #42

Clyde Frog

Member No.: 3888

Kenny without the hood isn't kenny anymore. It's just a normal guy and it will be boring.
I also can't believe you guys hated it. The more I think about the episode, the more I like it. I think it's in my top5 ever but not sure. I also don't understand that strike stuff but I mainly liked the episode because of the youtube things they put in. The song is pretty funny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

That is the original btw. But Butters does it much better biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
The L word
post Apr 6 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #43

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5229

QUOTE (Cat Junkie @ Apr 3 2008, 12:05 PM) *
QUOTE (TowelieLover @ Apr 3 2008, 01:00 PM) *
Butters' video was the BEST part LOL! LOVED!!
WHAT WHAT IN THE BUTT!! LOL!

meh.... it was OK but nothing more.... funniest part for me was when the random couple honked for ike and when chris crocker dies. Though I would probably say worst episode of the season so far.....

However on a general point.... Matt and Trey have produced some awesome stuff in the past, but when things become so awesome it sets a difficult precident to match or beat until it comes to the point where it becomes impossible to keep beating.... Maybe they are running out of ideas too? Maybe it is that we are all getting slightly accustomed to or bored of the humour. We have certainly come to expect a lot from South Park because of such previous episodes as Good times with weapons, guitar queero, make love not warcraft, chickenlover etc etc.... I just hope that we see more classics like these!

How is it possible to run out of ideas when they make fun of current events? I hope they never stop making episodes, and i'm sure comedy central feels the same way, after loosing chapelle show and replacing it with some of the worst shows they've ever had.

+Quote Post
sir crossfire
post Apr 7 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #44

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5129

okay, so there is the reference to the writers guide strike. i still dont get it. whats supposed to be funny about canada being on strike?

+Quote Post
The Nigger Guy
post Apr 7 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #45

Jackovasaur

Member No.: 4980

QUOTE (sir crossfire @ Apr 7 2008, 10:27 AM) *
okay, so there is the reference to the writers guide strike. i still dont get it. whats supposed to be funny about canada being on strike?

Why don't you go down to the store and get yourself a sense of humor, buddeh!!

--------------------
Oh I'm sorry! I thought this was America!
Wzthis a communist country? Thot dz wz 'merica!
Zwizmerica! Zmerica!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 09:25 PM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.