> 1202 - Britney's New Look
alideman
post Mar 21 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #31

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5045

episodes like the biggest crap and the britney ones have like a deep meaning, i dunt enjoy them alot either, but southpark IS sort of a satiracal show
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danSPfan
post Mar 21 2008, 06:23 PM
Post #32

Jackovasaur

Member No.: 5017

all you guys are freaking out lol. yea it wasnt the best episode and it wasnt that funny either, but every season has that one bad episode. for example, Opra's "Minge", "Lice Capades", "erection day". I thought 1201 was hilarous so i totally forgive them for this one

it did make me feel sorry for britney. ive always felt kinda sorry for her since the whole "trainwreck" thing. what if she actually DID commit suicide? with the way things are going, it doesnt seem so farfetched. damn media!

--------------------
"Last week, at our....skewl, a girl queefed right into our friend's face. That is why we are here to tell you that It's NOT a joke."

"Do me a favor, next time I'm in a recess biocave, don't send me a level 2 homing call..."
-Eric Cartman

+Quote Post
Urinal Deuce™
post Mar 21 2008, 07:25 PM
Post #33

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5075

QUOTE (danSPfan @ Mar 21 2008, 06:23 PM) *
all you guys are freaking out lol. yea it wasnt the best episode and it wasnt that funny either, but every season has that one bad episode. for example, Opra's "Minge", "Lice Capades", "erection day". I thought 1201 was hilarous so i totally forgive them for this one

it did make me feel sorry for britney. ive always felt kinda sorry for her since the whole "trainwreck" thing. what if she actually DID commit suicide? with the way things are going, it doesnt seem so farfetched. damn media!

Lice Capades was good..
But I agree with you guys this episode wasn't really great.

This post has been edited by Urinal Deuce™: Mar 21 2008, 07:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SouthParkFan48
post Mar 21 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #34

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 4630

I actually thought this was a pretty good episode. It's not often when you see someone shoot their head off and still be alive. LOL! "Britney's New Look" in my opinion anyway is probably one of the funniest episodes yet.

+Quote Post
princessPeach
post Mar 21 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #35

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5076

no offense, but I didnt like it that much.... dry.gif

+Quote Post
EricCartman91
post Mar 21 2008, 11:11 PM
Post #36

Forum Staff
Group Icon

Group: Admin:Administrator
Member No.: 510

QUOTE (SouthParkFan48 @ Mar 21 2008, 09:06 PM) *
I actually thought this was a pretty good episode. It's not often when you see someone shoot their head off and still be alive. LOL! "Britney's New Look" in my opinion anyway is probably one of the funniest episodes yet.

Then I guess you haven't seen much episodes, because it really wasn't all that great dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
twilight
post Mar 22 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #37

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5084

what a boring, creepy episode. I didn't like it. The AIDS one was much better.

+Quote Post
SouthParkFan48
post Mar 22 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #38

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 4630

EricCartman91, I've been watching South Park for a few years. Just because you don't like the episode dosen't mean I didn't.

+Quote Post
princessPeach
post Mar 22 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #39

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5076

Britney shooting her head off was REALLY messed up!

+Quote Post
umm179
post Mar 23 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #40

Clyde Frog

Member No.: 2931

QUOTE (SouthParkFan48 @ Mar 21 2008, 04:06 PM) *

I disagree. It was a good episode, but it's one that makes a statement and puts laughs aside a little. I absolutely LOVED 1201 though. Perfect balance of a message and hilarity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paragod64
post Mar 23 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #41

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5095

I have variably enjoyed every single episode until this one, this is the only one so far I can say I did not like. The head being blown off part was sick and it ruined the whole thing pretty much for me, I was getting so sick of looking at it. Its almost weird cause stuff like that usually does not bother me at all, but this did, a whole lot.

it was kinda funny at the end how it said they make random people popular so they can harass and harvest them lol, I don't think that is true but im not sure but it is the only part that was somewhat funny.

+Quote Post
Uberpoonage
post Mar 23 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #42

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 2763

It was a parody of Wicker Man but ugh... it wasn't good.

Erection Day was hilarious tho! How can u not liek that episode?

--------------------
Last time on Battlestar Galactica....

+Quote Post
danSPfan
post Mar 24 2008, 01:03 AM
Post #43

Jackovasaur

Member No.: 5017

QUOTE (Uberpoonage @ Mar 23 2008, 05:31 PM) *
It was a parody of Wicker Man but ugh... it wasn't good.

Erection Day was hilarious tho! How can u not liek that episode?

i just thought it got kinda stupid near the end

--------------------
"Last week, at our....skewl, a girl queefed right into our friend's face. That is why we are here to tell you that It's NOT a joke."

"Do me a favor, next time I'm in a recess biocave, don't send me a level 2 homing call..."
-Eric Cartman

+Quote Post
WeAreSuperhero
post Mar 24 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #44

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5103

QUOTE (Thomas @ Mar 21 2008, 01:19 AM) *
I don't think this was worse than the AIDS episode but still it sucked. Cartman left pretty soon because he saw britney shoot herself. He's becoming a bit of a pussy. Where in the first season are episode of a giant snake or a giant Streisand Robot attacking and killing all of south park and its citizens, the boys didn't even care and wondered what's on tv. But now they need to apologise for BRITNEY, she did kill herself it's not the boys fault anyway. Those kids got pretty lame.

This is an example of the show, the issues involved, and the characters themselves maturing. haven't you noticed that as the seasons have progressed the characters have become deeper, and more emotionally mature? This is mentioned explicitly by Cartman in the 'Cartoon Wars' episode, where he discusses Kyle's reaction to what Cartman did. As opposed to stock cartoon characters, the characters in South Park are gaining depth, motives and emotions as opposed to just humour.

QUOTE (Paragod64 @ Mar 23 2008, 09:34 PM) *
I have variably enjoyed every single episode until this one, this is the only one so far I can say I did not like. The head being blown off part was sick and it ruined the whole thing pretty much for me, I was getting so sick of looking at it. Its almost weird cause stuff like that usually does not bother me at all, but this did, a whole lot.

This is because instead of just using it for humour, as a little joke, they use it to make us sympathize with Britney. The reason 'stuff like this' doesn't normally bother you (from the way you worded it) suggests that by 'stuff like this' you mean gore. This is a completely different thing. Matt and Trey use it so the viewer becomes sympathetic towards Britney as opposed to the way one would be expected to feel. When I started to watch this episode, I thought it would be an attack on her or something. The fact that I was meant to take her side really made me think about the issue involved. If you were just looking for fart jokes in your TV shows then why are you still coming to South Park? Its gotten deep.

Though this episode didn't make me laugh, really, I really enjoyed it =D it whirled my brain.

+Quote Post
Britney's Butt
post Mar 24 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #45

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 4345

HEY MATT AND TREY, STOP BEING SO F*CKING PREACHY AND BE FUNNY! GOD.

Terrible, terrible episode. This is a fucking comedy show. Make me laugh. Don't make my stomach turn with disgust at the sight and sound of a character's blown off head. Wtf. Good Invasion of the Body Snatchers references though.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 09:27 PM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.