+Quote Post
Uberpoonage
post Mar 20 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #17

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2763

I'm REALLY disappointed with this season so far. The humor has been pretty tasteless and repulsive.

The blown off head thing totally made the episode revolting even if some of the stuff was funny. And there should have been more of butters.

All in all, disappointing!

--------------------
Last time on Battlestar Galactica....

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bono426
post Mar 20 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #18

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 254

I thought it was a good episode.

Does anyone remember the story from either highschool or middle school about the "lottery"?
It was juuuuust like that. choosing a person to sacrifice for good harvest. But instead of stones they had camera's.

anyway... I thought it was funny.

--------------------
its all a bunch of tree hugging hippy crap

+Quote Post
l337fr33k
post Mar 20 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #19

Manbearpig

Member No.: 2604

God.

Well, I definitely didn't find that funny, but extremely powerful. I've never felt so sad and horrified by a South Park episode. And I'm glad, because sometimes America just needs a slap in the face like that.

I'm still really liking Season 12 so far.

--------------------

I'm a member of the "South-Park-Clubs-Are-Lame" Club.

+Quote Post
bono426
post Mar 20 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #20

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 254

oh yea... how come no kenny?

--------------------
its all a bunch of tree hugging hippy crap

+Quote Post
SP 4 Life
post Mar 20 2008, 06:03 PM
Post #21

Clyde Frog

Member No.: 4313

I thought it was good that they took britneys side and made fun of the press, because everyone makes fun of britney and it's a lot more original this way. Hope we'll see better episodes later in season 12 tongue.gif

--------------------
"Jesus! We thought you died! ... In Iraq"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"You need to know how important ratings are, Craig. So I'm going to suspend you from school and request that you have your testicles removed surgically."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
<l---- Click! ^^

+Quote Post
theschaef
post Mar 20 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #22

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5063

I didn't find this episode to be very funny at all.
except for the part where butters was a squirrel. that was good stuff.
This season so far has been not nearly as funny as any of the other ones, but i think it has been just as or more effective in getting their point across. I am glad that they did not really poke fun at Brittney so much as the press in this episode. I did find the fact that her head was blown off for most of the episode to be very disturbing as well.. but maybe that was the point. People need to realize that you just have to let things go sometimes and they don't realize how ugly a situation is getting.

+Quote Post
Mort
post Mar 20 2008, 08:50 PM
Post #23

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5064

I've been watching SouthPark for a long time and one of the things I love about it, is that it's not possible to predict what's going to happen, or what it's creators are going to do next. Yes, this episode may have failed on making us feel good, as the previous one also failed...but the fact is that this aren't episodes to make us feel good, this are episodes to pass a message...to reach an audience about issues that are around.

This week they're were attacking the press for their constant harrasment of Britney Spears. It was kinda disturbing always showing her without the top of her head, but it was on purpose, as to show people what might happen if we continue pushing her...cause people call her a celebrity and tend to forget she's also a person, and that people have their mental limits. And when I'm mentioning Britney, I'm also mentioning alot of other "celebrities", who keep being attacked by the press. Why does it make us feel good that we see Britney Spears going through a complete mental breakdown or Lindsey Lohan having to go rehab? If it was a friend of yours, would you laugh as well? Would you want to see the pictures all the time? And if it was you, would you like the attention?

All throughout the episode I was thinking that Stone&Parker were going to make some mention of Princess Diana. She didn't kill herself, but her death was caused by the constant pressure of the "paparazzi". In an attempt to run away from them, she died on a car crash. And there's probably others around, who couldn't take the pressure and killed themselves or had accidents. Like the episode mentions, we like seeing these "sacrifices".

Someone wrote on this topic that he hates Miley Cyrus...do you even know her? Have you ever talked to her, any type of relation with her? Cause how can you hate someone that you don't even know? All you know about her is what the media shows you...and yes, the media is very well known for showing the truth, especially the entertainment media. We go around insulting people that we don't know, just because they show on the TV doing stupid things. I don't know Paris Hilton and I dislike everything she represents, and everything about the image that she puts forward...but I have no idea what type of person she really is, only what the media and she puts forward. She might not even be the brightest bulb in the world, but I really doubt that there aren't people who watch SouthPark who aren't at least as stupid as her.

Anyway, sorry for this being a long post. People have the right for their opinions, and liking or disliking this episode. But making comments about Stone&Parker losing their humor...it's being blind. They never attempted humor on this episode, they merely wanted to shock you, to maybe make you think for a little more than 5minutes about the issue.

+Quote Post
RaNdY
post Mar 20 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #24

Gooback
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team:Development Team
Member No.: 117

Personally I thought this wasn't the best episode either but you can't keep saying "so far the seasons sucked" when it's been 2 episodes in. dry.gif At least wait until the halfmark and then judge if 12 has "sucked".
I thought tonsil trouble had it's moments and definitely wasn't the worst and to the three posters who were trying to say Matt and Trey weren't trying to be funny but were pointing out the problems with society and it's fascination with celebrity culture...it's a cartoon, a funny cartoon that parodies current events.

--------------------
"What seem's to be the officer, problem?"

user posted image

Courtesy of PsychoStereo.....

+Quote Post
alideman
post Mar 20 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #25

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5045

people who still like brtiney and feel bad for her will like this episode
and people who hate britney will hate this episode
but im pretty shure everybody like the omen music parody

+Quote Post
Thomas
post Mar 21 2008, 01:19 AM
Post #26

Clyde Frog

Member No.: 3888

I don't think this was worse than the AIDS episode but still it sucked. Cartman left pretty soon because he saw britney shoot herself. He's becoming a bit of a pussy. Where in the first season are episode of a giant snake or a giant Streisand Robot attacking and killing all of southpark and its citizens, the boys didn't even care and wondered what's on tv. But now they need to apologise for BRITNEY, she did kill herself it's not the boys fault anyway. Those kids got pretty lame.

+Quote Post
Damian
post Mar 21 2008, 02:57 AM
Post #27

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5039

QUOTE (Mort @ Mar 21 2008, 07:50 AM) *
Someone wrote on this topic that he hates Miley Cyrus...do you even know her? Have you ever talked to her, any type of relation with her? Cause how can you hate someone that you don't even know? All you know about her is what the media shows you...and yes, the media is very well known for showing the truth, especially the entertainment media. We go around insulting people that we don't know, just because they show on the TV doing stupid things. I don't know Paris Hilton and I dislike everything she represents, and everything about the image that she puts forward...but I have no idea what type of person she really is, only what the media and she puts forward. She might not even be the brightest bulb in the world, but I really doubt that there aren't people who watch SouthPark who aren't at least as stupid as her.

Exactly what i thought when i read that comment. People say they hate tv personalitys for the most ridiculous and minute reasons. You would think after watching this episode people would think a little bit.

QUOTE (RaNdY @ Mar 21 2008, 08:08 AM) *
Personally I thought this wasn't the best episode either but you can't keep saying "so far the seasons sucked" when it's been 2 episodes in. dry.gif At least wait until the halfmark and then judge if 12 has "sucked".
I thought tonsil trouble had it's moments and definitely wasn't the worst and to the three posters who were trying to say Matt and Trey weren't trying to be funny but were pointing out the problems with society and it's fascination with celebrity culture...it's a cartoon, a funny cartoon that parodies current events.

The show does try to be funny to appeal to a wider audience but you cant say that it just parodies current events. Half of South Parks eps indeed seems random but the other half has an important point or message to it, that includes this episode.

+Quote Post
Darkn00b
post Mar 21 2008, 05:59 AM
Post #28

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 3920

QUOTE (sam gets out of the closet @ Mar 19 2008, 06:11 PM) *
...nothing better than taking the piss out of celebs
tongue.gif

Did anybody else laugh at this? Just a little? Did you think of ladybugs? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
elberto
post Mar 21 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #29

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 1009

good episode. Not many laughs but like fps said strong episode.

what is it with al the ppl saying that every new episode sucks...

+Quote Post
Uberpoonage
post Mar 21 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #30

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 2763

These two DID suck... Especially after last season... Im used to south park just getting better and better, these two were equivalent or worse than the crap episode.

--------------------
Last time on Battlestar Galactica....

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 01:40 PM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.