Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> South Park Or Family Guy?, What do YOU think is the best??????
awesom_0
post Jun 4 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #61

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7213

QUOTE (cheesypoofs @ Feb 4 2009, 05:49 AM) *
One of the major differences between family guy jokes and south park jokes is that SP jokes can be understood by anyone since they are all focused around today's popular culture. Where as with FG, you need to know a lot about popular culture over a much larger time frame, into the 70's or even 60's.

Family guy episodes deal with today's issues but most younger people don't understand a lot of their individual jokes. Like KISS jokes, and Mia Farrow jokes, and old sitcoms like "8 is Enough", etc...

I don't think FG tries to reach out to younger viewers. They are more focused on young adults. I think they purposefully leave out the younger viewers. They have their own niche.

If you really want to understand FG, watch it with someone in their 30's and you will get a much different idea of what FG is about.

your right. but also, you almost gotta live in america to understand certain jokes. for example: i'm Dutch. i dont know much about all the emerican culture and stars. and thats what many jokes are about.
jokes like: this is better then the time i ... with ...(some american star)
that kind of jokes reply to a thing she/he is known for, or some thing he/she has done. then FG puts it in a own joke.
but if u dont know what is so awkward or funny about the thing the star does, you dont understand the joke.

but if i do know the meaning, its very funny tongue.gif

like: this is more awkward then getting a birthday cake from zinedine zidane. and then he headbuts her. thats what i mean. i know the thing zidane had done. bit if i didnt, i would be asking myself, whats so funny about someone getting headbutted?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kevveee
post Aug 31 2009, 09:00 PM
Post #62

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 7201

QUOTE (LoGin @ Aug 12 2008, 10:10 AM) *
South Park is better.

Ok heres my honest opinion comming from an adverage cartoon watcher. The simpsons will always be epic. Right now, ive lost some interest, but I still like it. Nothing could beat the simpsons because The simpsons started cartoon humor. Family guy is really funny! But... the story line is horrible. I give A LOT of respect to South Park because South Park is rarely on in Canada... And for SP to have as many fans as FG is amazing. Like family guy comes on like every hour... South park is rarely on so heres my rankings:
1.South Park
2.The Simpsons
3.Family Guy

Hope you all agree. Btw I love SP so much I made a fansite.
www.sp-fan.net
check it out... you can watch all episodes free online... Im hireing chat mods! hurry now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ciaranthecool
post Sep 22 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #63

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 7403

Family guy is shit the jokes never have anything to do with the story line its like the writers have tourettes sp can be funny and stick to the storyline the simpsons has never made me laugh once i find the humour childish Family guy is just way tooo shit

+Quote Post
KoolKid
post Nov 15 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #64

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 8032

family guy is a ruder and cruder copy of the simpsons and south park is a ruder and cruder version again, so south park is my favourite.
all family guy is about is lola stewie and peter and if you look at them
peter is fat like homer
lola is skinny like marge
and stewie is a baby like maggie
(that is to back up that i said family guy copies the simpsons)
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

+Quote Post
Dr. Alphonse Mep...
post Apr 4 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #65

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 8640

QUOTE (dark bee @ Jul 19 2008, 07:48 PM) *
CARTOON WARS ROCKS!

What do you think is better - SP or FG?

south park is about ten times better and has much more clever jokes all family guy is are flash backs of him doing random jokes

--------------------
mole gordon-smith

+Quote Post
Scrotie Mc Booge...
post Apr 11 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #66

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 8662

south park, family guy sucks half of the time

+Quote Post
staytoonedin
post Nov 5 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #67

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 8834

I thought family guy was the funnier show during its first 4/5 seasons but since then south park has been the funniest show by a long way
Looks to me as if family guy just lost its edge and sp just has the ability to keep on going while staying as funny as always
check out my blog its got lots of articles about this topic and mostly y south park is starting to rule

--------------------

+Quote Post
emmajaynex
post Nov 12 2010, 04:59 AM
Post #68

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 8878

south park! happy.gif

+Quote Post
EnglishGirl1993
post Nov 14 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #69

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 8883

That's a good question. Whilst I adore Family Guy, I am a more faithful South Park fan smile.gif

--------------------
<3 <3 <3

Kyle and Butters - My Favourite Characters!! :)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 06:16 AM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.