Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Mod:Super Moderator
Member No.: 5100

From the Comedy Central Press Release:

IT’S PINEWOOD DERBY TIME
IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, April 13, 2009 – BUILDING A PINEWOOD DERBY CAR IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR SOME GOOD OLD FASHIONED FATHER-SON BONDING TIME in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Pinewood Derby,” premiering on Wednesday, April 15 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.
RANDY IS DETERMINED THAT STAN WILL WIN THIS YEAR’S PINEWOOD DERBY. He comes up with a PLAN that will assure Stan a first place trophy.

Launched in 1997, "South Park," now in its 13th season, remains the highest-rated series on COMEDY CENTRAL. "South Park" repeats Wednesdays at 12:00 a.m., Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. and Sundays at 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.

Preview Clip
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/224502

Press Image 1
http://i41.tinypic.com/wa3n2g.jpg
Press Image 2
http://i44.tinypic.com/16hr977.jpg

This post has been edited by sleepy: Apr 13 2009, 05:05 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tFighterPilot
post Apr 16 2009, 07:11 AM
Post #2

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4187

Heh, nice.

+Quote Post
SoAdCrAzY
post Apr 17 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #3

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5050

It was an alright episode. The meaning was well done.

It didn't feel that good though. I think its the whole alien thing that didn't really do it for me.

+Quote Post
mattyman
post Apr 17 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #4

Jackovasaur

Member No.: 4752

A lot of this season the problem has been the lack of jokes. There have been long ones like the Ring etc when they have really gone for something and made fun of it, but none of the usual great lines and set-pieces.

The last ep was an example. I've watched it three times and I'm struggling to remember a decent line. That type of alien episode was reminiscent of a crap treehouse of horror Simpsons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eknop
post Apr 17 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #5

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 7105

QUOTE (mattyman @ Apr 17 2009, 05:45 PM) *
A lot of this season the problem has been the lack of jokes. There have been long ones like the Ring etc when they have really gone for something and made fun of it, but none of the usual great lines and set-pieces.

The last ep was an example. I've watched it three times and I'm struggling to remember a decent line. That type of alien episode was reminiscent of a crap treehouse of horror Simpsons.

Southpark used to be totaly different then how it is today. since about three seasons aggo they started making episodes that are built by a one big joke with a few little jokes on the side.
Southpark used to have lots of little jokes on its first ten seasons.
You can see that they are starting to run out of funny and good jokes.

+Quote Post
XxHYDROZILLAxX
post Apr 18 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #6

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 5369

I agree that this episode was another weak one (accept for the name Baby Fart Mcgeezaks). I think that the writers just see how ridiculous everything is becoming in the world today. There is plenty of crap that needs a good clownin in daily local, national, and world news. Maybe too much. They need to sit back, look at it all as a whole, and choose the correct topic to get the most solid jokes.

This post has been edited by XxHYDROZILLAxX: Apr 18 2009, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post
Spungie
post Apr 22 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #7

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 7115

Cant disagree more, I think that they are taking more care with the new episodes rather than just 'selling out' like they did at first.

Not to say southpark never used to be funny, it was very funny, but not as deep.
Now there are more twists and mind games, its cleverer with more developed characters.

And lots of hidden messages.
This episode has more than usual.

EDIT: I agree Hydrozilla

This post has been edited by Spungie: Apr 22 2009, 01:38 PM

+Quote Post
mattyman
post Apr 22 2009, 01:50 PM
Post #8

Jackovasaur

Member No.: 4752

They certainly "sold out" in the sense I think you mean in the first 2/3 seasons. In fact Trey and Matt have admitted as such. "I can't believe we thought that was good writing! It's really tough to watch." - Trey on seasons 1 and 2.

But my point is that 5-12 have been incredibly well crafted with regard to density of jokes, targets etc (I could go on for days) my problem is strictly with 13 so far which has been very tame and one-joke oriented.

"there are more twists and mind games, its cleverer with more developed characters." Yes indeed, but in eps like "Cartman sucks, Stanley's Cup, Casa Bonita" not in anything in 13; so far anyway. The upcoming Pirates one looks good though.

Season 12 was superb even when it wasn't trying to be funny. A good example was the Britney one where they took a different angle from everyone else. I just think they may have their minds on the Mormon musical but the first half of season 13 has been the weakest I can recall.

This post has been edited by mattyman: Apr 22 2009, 01:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spungie
post Apr 30 2009, 02:09 AM
Post #9

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 7115

Season 13 in particular is lacking in the ammount of individual jokes yeah.
I still stress the importance what i see as hidden messages.
I could be imagining things though.
Its more political (or more in your face political), and I guess not everyone would appreciate that.
Lucky for me though I like it.

Its good they arent afraid to change things if they want to.
Shows like The Simpsons or Family Guy stick to one formula to avoid losing fans.

If previous seasons are anything to go by, we've still got the best to come: the two part episode near the end of the season.

+Quote Post
McGeezaks
post May 2 2009, 03:28 PM
Post #10

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 7147

this one was quite cool IMHO...
Randy Marsh has a central role in this season and he is well characterized.
When he is dressed like Princess Leia Organa... or
When he is feigning surprise Whaaat? Oh my God, not Finland...
Briefly I found this episode funny and original.
It raised the overall level of this season.
Together with fishstix ,fatbeard and Margaritaville it was nice.

+Quote Post
Kesseli
post May 13 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #11

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 7170

i think this episode was pretty cool. hahaha the Princess Leia part was hilarious;

+Quote Post
craig12evans
post Mar 28 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #12

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 3651

This was an average episode smile.gif 6/10

--------------------

Yall you all know that MILEY CYRUS loves her rocks :D

+Quote Post
Homeschooled Kid
post Oct 5 2010, 06:59 AM
Post #13

Cheesy Poof
Group Icon

Member No.: 8830

I'll go a step further and say that this is my least favorite episode ever. And I've seen all of them. But, I'll also take a step back and say that season 13 overall is actually pretty awesome. It's true that they've become less about individual jokes, but that's fine with me. Simplicity, you know? Scott Tennorman Must Die was one continuous gag ripped right off the Roadrunner cartoons, with a little twist-ending that put The Sixth Sense to shame, and I think we can all agree that was a 10 on the laugh-o-meter.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 04:31 PM

South Park is a registered trademark of Viacom International Inc. and its' related companies. All related videos, clips, images etc. are copyrighted and owned by their respective owners.
"AWESOM-O.com" is a fan forum and is in no way associated with or authorized by Viacom or the Creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker.